Love Story From Sweden
Eggkids AB is the creator of Eggkids, including a bedset collection as well as a daypack. Eggkids started with a dream. A dream to create a character that would make you feel happy: someone who would warm your heart. Someone who smiled at you and would make you smile back. ERIK the elephant was the first to arrive. The fact that he was an elephant was no coincidence. ERIK is strong and loyal. He has a big heart, shares his wisdom and his happiness and in Eggkids lingo: he smiles. Now ERIK is one out of 27 Eggkids characters living and smiling on bedsets, blankets, decorative pillows, sleep sacks and backpacks for children aged 0-6 years.
Some of Eggkids characters are also soft toys, backpacks, paint books and more. Every character has a name and a unique personality, just like the kids who love them. A hippo is not just any hippo. She is pink, and she is SOFIA. ERIK, SOFIA and the other animal friends come from the big wild world, where the designer Hans-Jörgen Hansson finds his inspiration. He explores the shapes of the animals, looks into their big round eyes and finds the empathy, fantasy and joy that Eggkids characters stand for.
Designer & Founder
Hans-Jörgen Hansson graduated from Forsbergs School of Design in Stockholm in 1994. He has been working as a designer for over 25 years with clients ranging from IKEA to The Japanese firm ACTUS. For 15 years he worked at the HQ of IKEA as one of their main designers. Some of his awards and highlights of his careers includes:
- Invited 4 years in a row to represent Sweden at Swedish Style in Tokyo, in the category “Talented Swedish Designer”.
- Been awarded for the design of the blanket “Ocean” developed for AVA Patent firm in Sweden and produced by Klippan Yllefabrik.
- Awarded a price for his lampshade pattern “ELLIOT”, produced by the Carl Malmsten store.
- Received “Excellent Scandinavian Design 2005” for the textile patterns “EGGET” and “BOWLING”, produced by Ljungbergs Textil. The textiles were also showcased at the Swedish Embassy in Copenhagen.
- Reoccurring Exhibit Designer at FORM Design Center in Malmö, including both textiles and the Eggkids collection.
Since 2013 Eggkids is working as the official kids entertainment brand for Best Western in Scandinavia. Eggkids is continuously developing products that suit the hotels, for example so far bedsets, children’s activity kits including tattoos, drawing books etc, plush toys and much more. The latest design collaboration are footstools and lounge chairs/sacks in the shape of the animals.
Hans-Jörgen Hansson, Designer/Founder